8.6.08

Bar Cords and Learning to Talk

Bar Cords: Can't do 'em. Okay well not yet.

The other weekend I was housesitting for a friend and I found a flute on the bookself, I can still play a Bb scale without thinking. I think about how I used to play the flute, especially as I teach myself the guitar. It seemed easy. Then I remember that I played under instruction everyday for 11 years. Wow. Maybe I should go back to the flute. Nah.

In the meantime, to steal from the Boss, I got this guitar and I'm learning how to make it talk. It is amazing to watch your hands learn to do new things. Most of the stuff I do with my hands: typing, writing, the occasional obscene gesture- these are learned motions, and I don't even remember the process. But this, these are new formations, new movements, and sometimes it seems that my hands will never get it. Then they do, and then they do without thinking... pretty cool.

So my vocabulary grows, and someday, someday those bar cords will be apart of the easy vernacular.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: